|Published:||Sep 24, 2012 2:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 24, 2012 2:19 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Collier County Sheriff's deputies arrested 36-year-old Crystal Hamilton on Sunday after she was allegedly involved in a crash and fled the scene.
Witnesses said a black Jeep Wrangler struck a white Ford Fusion on South Gulf Dr. near U.S. 41 just before 7:00 p.m. Officers located the Jeep traveling at a high rate of speed nearby. They were eventually able to conduct a traffic stop, where they spoke with the Hamilton, who was driving the vehicle.
Deputies reported a strong smell of alcohol coming from the vehicle. When asked if she had just been involved in an accident, Hamilton said, "He just, like, slammed into me." Hamilton said the crash happened in the area of the Beach Club.
Hamilton reportedly failed sobriety tests and was taken to the scene of the accident, where the driver and passenger of the other vehicle involved, as well as witnesses were able to positively identify her as the other party involved in the crash.
Hamilton was arrested and charged with leaving the scene of an accident with property damage and DUI crash with property damage.
- LCSO searches for missing Fort Myers teen
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- Fort Myers Police investigating shooting.
- Free bee removal for a woman after a year of heartache
- Bicyclist remains in critical condition after morning crash
- Builders Care gives Fort Myers man new home for Christmas
- Charities give to needy kids, regardless of family history
- The road ahead for Radel's treatment