|Published:||Sep 24, 2012 11:38 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 24, 2012 11:38 AM EDT|
BUNNELL, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a motorcycle went out of control and crashed in a wooded area along U.S. 1 in north Florida.
The crash killed the driver, whose body was spotted Sunday. Investigators believe the crash happened Saturday evening, but no one spotted the wreckage until Sunday morning.
Troopers say it appears the motorcycle overturned a couple of times before crashing along the northbound lanes of U.S. 1.
The agency is still investigating the crash. The driver's name has not been released.
An autopsy is scheduled.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- $60K approved for Lee school district convention
- SOLD: Lee County school buildings
- New Florida voting law
- Cape woman keeps track of OK friends, family
- Senate committee approves immigration bill