|Published:||Sep 24, 2012 6:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 24, 2012 6:04 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriff's Office is investigating a gasoline theft of over $1,600 from an industrial construction site at the Alico Bridge.
Deputies met with the complainants, who work for CW Roberts Construction, on Friday. That morning, the two employees had arrived and witnessed a white truck driving around the construction machinery that had been parked overnight. When approached, the truck quickly drove away. The complainants told deputies it was not one of the company's trucks.
It was later realized that gas had been syphoned out of five of the machines on site. Two of the machines had padlocks that had been tampered with in order for gas to be removed.
Over 406 gallons had been stolen, totalling more than $1,600.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD searches for suspect in fatal shooting on Dunbar St.
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Four kids hospitalized after two separate near drownings
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Sen. Rubio getting poor marks
- School board approves new superintendent's contract