|Published:||Sep 24, 2012 11:26 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 24, 2012 11:26 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- On Saturday, at 2:15 a.m. the Fort Myers Police Department arrested 25-year-old Jason Jackson, an officer with the agency, for aggravated battery on a pregnant female. Officer Jackson is accused of assaulting his wife during an argument on Friday.
“This is not the conduct that we would expect from one of our officers. State Statute and department policy requires due process and Officer Jackson has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of a criminal investigation and an internal affairs investigation by our Professional Standards Bureau,” said Chief Doug Baker.
Jackson was arrested at police headquarters and then transported to the Lee County Jail. As with any other criminal investigation, the case has been forwarded to the State Attorney’s Office.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer