|Published:||Sep 23, 2012 9:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 23, 2012 9:13 PM EDT|
OCKLAWAHA, Fla. (AP) - A Marion County woman is being held on a second-degree murder charge after authorities say she stabbed her ex-husband to death.
Jail records show 49-year-old Sherry Lewis was arrested Saturday morning and is being held without bond. Her arraignment is scheduled for Oct. 22.
Authorities say 52-year-old Daniel James Lewis was stabbed several times. He told responding deputies that Sherry Lewis stabbed him before he was taken to the hospital where he died.
Investigators say she called 911 to report the stabbing and said she 'hurt' her husband and said she was sorry.
The Ocala Star-Banner reports (http://bit.ly/UuqJ6s ) the couple divorced in 2007. Their family told investigators Sherry Lewis was abusive with the victim after a family gathering before the attack in Ocklawaha, about 16 miles south of Ocala.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott