|Published:||Sep 23, 2012 9:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 23, 2012 9:13 PM EDT|
OCKLAWAHA, Fla. (AP) - A Marion County woman is being held on a second-degree murder charge after authorities say she stabbed her ex-husband to death.
Jail records show 49-year-old Sherry Lewis was arrested Saturday morning and is being held without bond. Her arraignment is scheduled for Oct. 22.
Authorities say 52-year-old Daniel James Lewis was stabbed several times. He told responding deputies that Sherry Lewis stabbed him before he was taken to the hospital where he died.
Investigators say she called 911 to report the stabbing and said she 'hurt' her husband and said she was sorry.
The Ocala Star-Banner reports (http://bit.ly/UuqJ6s ) the couple divorced in 2007. Their family told investigators Sherry Lewis was abusive with the victim after a family gathering before the attack in Ocklawaha, about 16 miles south of Ocala.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft