|Published:||Sep 23, 2012 9:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 23, 2012 9:15 PM EDT|
CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) - A 30-year-old man has been charged with first-degree murder after police say his mother was found stabbed in a Coral Springs home.
Dee Etienne is being held in the Broward County jail without bond. He's also charged with resisting arrest without violence. Jail records do not list an attorney.
Police were called to the home Saturday evening after receiving reports of a woman screaming for help. Police found 53-year-old Joceleine Pericles with multiple stab wounds. She was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Neighbors told police they saw Etienne hit his mother in front of their home. A search warrant was served at the home Sunday morning and Etienne was arrested in a wooded area after a four-hour search.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans