|Published:||Sep 23, 2012 9:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 23, 2012 9:15 PM EDT|
CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) - A 30-year-old man has been charged with first-degree murder after police say his mother was found stabbed in a Coral Springs home.
Dee Etienne is being held in the Broward County jail without bond. He's also charged with resisting arrest without violence. Jail records do not list an attorney.
Police were called to the home Saturday evening after receiving reports of a woman screaming for help. Police found 53-year-old Joceleine Pericles with multiple stab wounds. She was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Neighbors told police they saw Etienne hit his mother in front of their home. A search warrant was served at the home Sunday morning and Etienne was arrested in a wooded area after a four-hour search.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms