|Published:||Sep 23, 2012 9:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 23, 2012 9:15 PM EDT|
CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) - A 30-year-old man has been charged with first-degree murder after police say his mother was found stabbed in a Coral Springs home.
Dee Etienne is being held in the Broward County jail without bond. He's also charged with resisting arrest without violence. Jail records do not list an attorney.
Police were called to the home Saturday evening after receiving reports of a woman screaming for help. Police found 53-year-old Joceleine Pericles with multiple stab wounds. She was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Neighbors told police they saw Etienne hit his mother in front of their home. A search warrant was served at the home Sunday morning and Etienne was arrested in a wooded area after a four-hour search.
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Pilot whales stranded in Everglades National Park
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Accused robber shoots self before arrest
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Fla. cities lead nation in high-end foreclosures
- Officials lift Martin County dengue fever advisory
- Man accused in GCTC shooting appears before a judge