|Published:||Sep 23, 2012 9:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 23, 2012 9:11 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Three men have been arrested in connection with the shooting of an off-duty Miami-Dade Police officer during an armed robbery.
Police say they have charged 20-year-olds Dedrick Brown and Travares Santiago, and 19-year-old Willie Barney with attempted murder. They were arrested Sunday and taken to jail. It was not immediately known if they have an attorney.
Investigators say the off-duty officer was volunteering at his church Saturday when he was confronted by three armed suspects who robbed him and then shot the officer in the chest.
The officer was treated at the hospital before being released Sunday. The unidentified officer has been in law enforcement for over ten years.
It was not immediately known if the suspects knew the victim was a police officer.
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- LCSO investigates shots fired in Gateway
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest