|Published:||Sep 22, 2012 10:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 23, 2012 10:51 AM EDT|
On Saturday, the Fort Myers Police Department arrested 26-year-old Jason Jackson, an officer with the agency for aggravated battery on a pregnant female. Officer Jackson is accused of assaulting his wife during an argument on Friday.
“This is not the conduct that we would expect from one of our officers. State Statute and department policy requires due process and Officer Jackson has been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of a criminal investigation and an internal affairs investigation by our Professional Standards Bureau,” said Chief Doug Baker.
Jackson was arrested at police headquarters and then transported to the Lee County Jail. As with any other criminal investigation, the case has been forwarded to the State Attorney’s Office.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI