|Published:||Sep 21, 2012 2:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 21, 2012 5:13 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Fort Myers accountant Philip Bennett was sentenced to 48 months in prison to be followed by 240 months probation in a grand theft, money laundering case, according to our partners at the News-Press.
Authorities allege the 61-year-old accountant embezzled roughly $1,031,500 from three Rotary clubs, the city of Moore Haven and campaign of Lee County commission Chairman Frank Mann.
Click here to read the story in its entirety.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed