|Published:||Sep 21, 2012 2:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 21, 2012 5:13 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Fort Myers accountant Philip Bennett was sentenced to 48 months in prison to be followed by 240 months probation in a grand theft, money laundering case, according to our partners at the News-Press.
Authorities allege the 61-year-old accountant embezzled roughly $1,031,500 from three Rotary clubs, the city of Moore Haven and campaign of Lee County commission Chairman Frank Mann.
Click here to read the story in its entirety.
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel