|Published:||Sep 21, 2012 10:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 21, 2012 11:07 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fl. - A Lehigh Acres man busted police say for having sex with a minor over the past two years. 43-year-old Keith Reese worked as a cafeteria cook for the Glades County School District.
WINK News spoke with Glades County School Superintendent Scott Bass Friday. He was shocked to hear about the arrest. He says Reese is suspended effective immediately. Superintendent Bass also says a background check didn't raise any red flags.
Lehigh neighbors say they're just as shocked to hear the news.
"This is absolutely beyond understanding... to have any kid go through this, it's very very very disturbing," says one Lehigh woman.
Neighbors react to the news of a school cafeteria cook arrested after police say he had repeated sex with a minor over the past two years.
"It just totally blows me away, it's totally sick you would never think anything like that would happen in this area," says Daniel Dalton.
According to reports, the victim told deputies the sexual abuse started around December of 2010 and happened at three different houses throughout Lehigh Acres. On the first occasion, reports say Reese abused the victim when her mom was at work, reportedly telling the girl: "don't talk about it." The victim told deputies the sexual abuse happened at least once a month. She goes on to say at one point Reese sat her down and admitted quote, 'he had a problem.'
"It just surprises me to have someone like that out here," adds Dalton.
Deputies arrested Reese Thursday. He's in the Lee County Jail Friday.
"I would hope so after doing something like this, I would hope so, I mean a long while so he has time to think about what he did," Dalton adds.
Reese is facing two counts of lewd and lascivious behavior with a minor between 12 and 16 years old. He's being held on 100-thousand dollar bond.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI