|Published:||Sep 21, 2012 5:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 21, 2012 5:29 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Medstar helicopter was Lee County's emergency transport to get trauma patients to the hospital. The county says it will continue to help with the three separate investigations into the "Medstar mess," now in progress. The clerk of courts, the Lee County Sheriff's Office and the FAA are all investigating.
The county attorney's office has hired a Washington DC lawyer to deal with the legal issues, and the county is beginning the process called "releasing a letter of interest." That means they will be looking at all available options for restoring the Medstar program. That will be discussed with the Board of County Commissioners at their management and planning meeting on Monday, November 5th.
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Protecting children on the roads