|Published:||Sep 21, 2012 4:08 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 21, 2012 5:36 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff’s detectives are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man who knocked down and attempted to steal an elderly woman’s purse this afternoon around 1 p.m. by the Port Charlotte Cultural Center.
CCSO received the call at 1:07 p.m. to 2280 Aaron Street and deputies set up a perimeter. A K9 unit, helicopter, deputies, and detectives began their search for the suspect believed to be a young Hispanic male, medium length black hair, goatee, 5-6 to 5-8 tall, wearing a blue sweatshirt,gray shorts with red/white trim at the bottomof each leg, and black and white tennis shoes.The strong armed robbery suspect was last seen running in a westerly direction toward U.S. 41.
Detectives were able to obtain a Cultural Center security camera photo taken of the suspect (see attached). Detectives are continuing their investigation at this time and no other information is available at this time. If anyone has information about the identity of the suspect, please call the CCSO at 941-639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans