|Published:||Sep 21, 2012 4:08 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 21, 2012 5:36 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff’s detectives are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man who knocked down and attempted to steal an elderly woman’s purse this afternoon around 1 p.m. by the Port Charlotte Cultural Center.
CCSO received the call at 1:07 p.m. to 2280 Aaron Street and deputies set up a perimeter. A K9 unit, helicopter, deputies, and detectives began their search for the suspect believed to be a young Hispanic male, medium length black hair, goatee, 5-6 to 5-8 tall, wearing a blue sweatshirt,gray shorts with red/white trim at the bottomof each leg, and black and white tennis shoes.The strong armed robbery suspect was last seen running in a westerly direction toward U.S. 41.
Detectives were able to obtain a Cultural Center security camera photo taken of the suspect (see attached). Detectives are continuing their investigation at this time and no other information is available at this time. If anyone has information about the identity of the suspect, please call the CCSO at 941-639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman