|Published:||Sep 20, 2012 11:40 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 20, 2012 11:40 AM EDT|
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in northeast Florida say a 2-year-old boy with Down syndrome has died after wandering into a pond.
The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office says Jet Gonzales was reported missing by his parents Wednesday morning. The boy had apparently wandered away from the house through an open door.
Authorities searched for the child for more than two hours before bloodhounds led deputies to a nearby pond. That's where they found Jet.
The boy was pronounced dead a hospital. An autopsy is pending.
Sgt. Chuck Mulligan of the sheriff's office says there's no evidence of foul play.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest