|Published:||Sep 20, 2012 11:40 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 20, 2012 11:40 AM EDT|
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in northeast Florida say a 2-year-old boy with Down syndrome has died after wandering into a pond.
The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office says Jet Gonzales was reported missing by his parents Wednesday morning. The boy had apparently wandered away from the house through an open door.
Authorities searched for the child for more than two hours before bloodhounds led deputies to a nearby pond. That's where they found Jet.
The boy was pronounced dead a hospital. An autopsy is pending.
Sgt. Chuck Mulligan of the sheriff's office says there's no evidence of foul play.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape