|Published:||Sep 20, 2012 3:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 20, 2012 3:05 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies have arrested 33-year-old Arlando Boykin, an armed burglary suspect who caused two school lockdowns on August 29.
On that day, officers searched for Boykin and another suspect, who remains on the loose, near Lee Road in San Carlos Park. San Carlos Park Elementary and Three Oaks Middle were locked down while the search was under way.
Boykin had been previously identified by the victims of the armed burglary through Facebook, but had been using the alias Norman Jiles. Boykin was released from the Department of Corrections in February of 2012 on unrelated burglary and grand theft charges. In a photographic lineup, the victims were able to identify him as the suspect who had pointed a gun at them.
According to the arrest report, one of the victims was at home on August 29 when he heard a faint knock on the door. He saw two unknown males through the peep hole and ignored them, but soon there was another knock before they entered the porch area of the home. The victim left the residence to get his roommates. When they returned, they noticed the side garage door was open and the two suspects were exiting the house carrying duffle bags. When the victims approached them, Boykin allegedly pointed a gun at them before fleeing.
Tipsters called LCSO with information about the suspects' whereabouts the day they fled. One of the duffle bags was located on Johnstown Court, containing $4,000 worth of stolen property taken from the victims' residence.
Boykin was located on Wednesday during a traffic stop, taken in for an interview and subsequently arrested. He faces charges of armed occupied burglary, aggravated assault and violation of probation.
Officers are still searching for the second suspect.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound