COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- FHP has identified the driver of this morning's fatal crash in Immokalee as 33-year-old Miguel Lee Alvarado.
The accident happened around 9:00 a.m. on State Road 82. FHP says Alvarado behind the wheel of an SUV lost control, slid into the shoulder, and then back across both lanes of traffic.
Alvarado ended up in the woods, hitting a few trees, before the SUV flipped and the driver was thrown from the vehicle. He was not wearing a seatbelt.
It is still unknown whether alcohol was a factor.
- Second Lee County bank robbed, suspects in custody
- Fatal crash on Golden Gate Parkway
- Fire at North Fort Myers home causes extensive damage
- Florida is #2 for internet crime complaints
- Deputies: 86-year-old Fla. mom shoots, kills son
- Fla. man trapped in car, dies from complications
- Heroes rescue disabled Fla. vet from pond