|Published:||Sep 20, 2012 11:38 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 20, 2012 11:38 AM EDT|
KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say they've identified a body found floating in the waters off Key West as that of a missing Massachusetts man.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office says fingerprints from the body found Sept. 3 matched fingerprints from an arrest record for Erik Jenkinson of Concord, Mass.
Sheriff's office spokeswoman Becky Herrin tells The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/T5yWif ) that Jenkinson's family called deputies after getting a letter from a towing company about a truck registered to his address.
According to Herrin, Jenkinson's family said he had been missing for a few weeks and he had a history of erratic behavior. He was arrested in Pennsylvania last November after crashing his car, then stripping naked and climbing atop a concrete median.
An autopsy showed no signs of foul play.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies