|Published:||Sep 20, 2012 3:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 20, 2012 3:52 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- FHP reports 53-year-old Martin Martella was transported to the hospital and then arrested, after being struck by a car on US 41 at Pelican Bay Blvd. N. this morning.
Martella was attempting to cross the southbound lanes of US 41, exiting the Market Place at Pelican Bay shopping plaza, when 29-year-old Patrick Westin failed to stop in time and collided with him. As a result, Martella hit the windshield of Westin's Toyota Corrolla and came to rest on US 41.
The Corrolla also collided with the raised concrete median of US 41 in the process.
Martella was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital by med flight, was medically cleared from Lee Memorial Hospital and was placed under arrest for an active warrant for violation of probation out of Lee County.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis