|Published:||Sep 20, 2012 3:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 20, 2012 3:52 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- FHP reports 53-year-old Martin Martella was transported to the hospital and then arrested, after being struck by a car on US 41 at Pelican Bay Blvd. N. this morning.
Martella was attempting to cross the southbound lanes of US 41, exiting the Market Place at Pelican Bay shopping plaza, when 29-year-old Patrick Westin failed to stop in time and collided with him. As a result, Martella hit the windshield of Westin's Toyota Corrolla and came to rest on US 41.
The Corrolla also collided with the raised concrete median of US 41 in the process.
Martella was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital by med flight, was medically cleared from Lee Memorial Hospital and was placed under arrest for an active warrant for violation of probation out of Lee County.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash