|Published:||Sep 20, 2012 3:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 20, 2012 3:52 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- FHP reports 53-year-old Martin Martella was transported to the hospital and then arrested, after being struck by a car on US 41 at Pelican Bay Blvd. N. this morning.
Martella was attempting to cross the southbound lanes of US 41, exiting the Market Place at Pelican Bay shopping plaza, when 29-year-old Patrick Westin failed to stop in time and collided with him. As a result, Martella hit the windshield of Westin's Toyota Corrolla and came to rest on US 41.
The Corrolla also collided with the raised concrete median of US 41 in the process.
Martella was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital by med flight, was medically cleared from Lee Memorial Hospital and was placed under arrest for an active warrant for violation of probation out of Lee County.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption