|Published:||Sep 19, 2012 6:08 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 19, 2012 6:12 AM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Prosecutors are releasing more records in the case of a former neighborhood watch leader charged with fatally shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
The records being released Wednesday include a photo of former neighborhood watch leader George Zimmerman's head that was taken by a witness following a confrontation with Martin.
The documents include Zimmerman's school records, other crime scene photos and Martin's cell phone records. They also include emails from the Sanford Police Department, the agency that initially investigated Martin's death.
Zimmerman is charged with second degree murder for fatally shooting Martin during a confrontation in a gated community in Sanford last February. Zimmerman is pleading not guilty, claiming self-defense.
The delay in Zimmerman's arrest led to nationwide protests.
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Communications satellite launched into space