|Published:||Sep 19, 2012 2:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 19, 2012 2:11 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Collier County deputies arrest 23-year-old Rachael Ireland on grand theft charges after she allegedly stole two rings from clients she had cleaned for.
The victim reported that at some point between August 1 and September 12 of this year, a sapphire ring, valued at $6,400, and a ring containing over three carats of diamonds, valued at $50,000, were stolen from his Naples home. He suspected someone who frequented his residence.
Ireland had assisted in cleaning the victim's residence on two separate occasions, and allegedly confessed to family members that she had stolen the rings and sold them to area pawn shops.
Deputies discovered that Ireland had sold an engagement-style ring to E-Z Cash For Gold in Ft. Myers and received $600 for it.
According to the arrest report, Ireland came forward, describing the rings to officers and telling them she had a reoccurring addiction to opiates. She appeared remorseful and apologized for what she did. Before the interview with CCSO, Ireland allegedly confessed and apologized to the homeowner.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks
- Englewood man arrested on child pornography charges
- LCEC warning customers about customer service imposters