|Published:||Sep 19, 2012 2:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 19, 2012 2:11 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Collier County deputies arrest 23-year-old Rachael Ireland on grand theft charges after she allegedly stole two rings from clients she had cleaned for.
The victim reported that at some point between August 1 and September 12 of this year, a sapphire ring, valued at $6,400, and a ring containing over three carats of diamonds, valued at $50,000, were stolen from his Naples home. He suspected someone who frequented his residence.
Ireland had assisted in cleaning the victim's residence on two separate occasions, and allegedly confessed to family members that she had stolen the rings and sold them to area pawn shops.
Deputies discovered that Ireland had sold an engagement-style ring to E-Z Cash For Gold in Ft. Myers and received $600 for it.
According to the arrest report, Ireland came forward, describing the rings to officers and telling them she had a reoccurring addiction to opiates. She appeared remorseful and apologized for what she did. Before the interview with CCSO, Ireland allegedly confessed and apologized to the homeowner.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run
- Baby born on side of expressway in Miami
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Scott touring Miami port dredging operation