|Published:||Sep 19, 2012 11:53 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 19, 2012 11:53 AM EDT|
CAMILLA, Ga. (AP) - Authorities in southwest Georgia say a sex offender wanted in Florida is in custody after he led police on an hour-long chase before crashing in a ditch.
WALB-TV reports (http://bit.ly/OccQc4 ) the chase started Tuesday night in Abbeville, Ala., and ended 75 miles away in the southwest Georgia city of Camilla.
Police were chasing 26-year-old Mathew Bozell, who was wanted for failing to register as a sex offender in Florida where he's serving probation for sexual battery of a child. Police say the car Bozell crashed in the pursuit was stolen from Palmetto, Fla.
The suspect was taken to an area hospital for treatment of minor injuries he suffered in the crash. Authorities say he will face numerous charges in Georgia.
Information from: WALB-TV http://www.walb.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Protecting children on the roads