|Published:||Sep 18, 2012 1:54 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 18, 2012 1:54 PM EDT|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies arrested a known drug dealer late Monday night in Englewood with66 pieces of Crack Cocaine in his possession. Shaun Patrick Monahan, 32, of 166 Florence Avenue, was arrested and charged with Possession of Crack Cocaine with Intent to Deliver, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
At 11 p.m. a deputy observed a man running on the sidewalk toward a white Ford truck at the intersection of Pine Street and Elinor Avenue. The deputy turned around and as he approached, the man immediately threw his hands in the air attempting to waive down the truck. The woman driving the truck immediately drove off leaving him behind. Deputies said when Monahan identified himself he was very nervous and breathing hard. He said he didn’t know why the woman drove away.
Backup deputies arrived and a search of Monahan located an orange colored cylinder between his legs that contained the 66 pieces of Crack Cocaine. Monahan, a convicted felon, was arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail where he remains on $10,000 bond. He was arrested for similar drug charges May 28.
Anyone with knowledge of illegal drug activity is asked to please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI