GOLDEN GATE, Fla - An 11-year-old Naples boy is credited for saving a school bus from a serious accident.
Just before 6 o'clock on Tuesday, Jackson Bonar was riding home on the school bus from an after school program, when the bus driver experienced a medical issue and lost control of the bus.
Jackson's mother tells WINK News her son went to the drivers seat and was able to push the break, stopping the bus at it hit a fence.
The accident happened on Weber Blvd. North just north of Golden Gate Blvd.
Jackson was the only student on the bus and was not hurt. The driver of the bus, Robert Kelly, 65, was taken to NCH and is listed in serious condition.
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- 2 bodies found in Chassahowitzka Forest in Fla.
- Miss. probationer caught in central Florida
- Deputies: Bartender, 3 patrons sliced by angry man