|Published:||Sep 18, 2012 5:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 18, 2012 5:24 PM EDT|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - A north Florida man has been sentenced life in prison for killing a woman who had given him a place to live.
A Marion County judge sentenced 22-year-old Zachary Lee Snyder on Tuesday. He pleaded guilty to murder as part of a deal to avoid the death penalty.
Authorities say Snyder fatally stabbed 66-year-old Doris Babcock and burned her body at her Dunnellon home in November 2009.
The Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/PxgQAn ) reports Babcock's family members expressed anger at the plea deal, saying Snyder should be put to death.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing