|Published:||Sep 17, 2012 5:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 17, 2012 5:33 PM EDT|
ROTONDA WEST, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies arrested an 11-year-old boy for stealing a golf cart Monday around 11:30 a.m. The suspect was arrested and charged with felony Grand Theft.
CCSO received a call at 11:40 a.m. from the manager of Rotonda Golf and Country Club, located at 100 Rotonda Circle, who reported he followed the boy in his car, after pro-shop employees saw him drive off with a $2,500 golf cart. The manager got into his vehicle, located and stopped the cart and driver on Rotonda Boulevard West. The boy jumped off the golf cart and ran into a wooded area, but the manager gave chase, caught him and held him until deputies arrived.
The boy was arrested and transported to the Charlotte County Jail where he was booked then released to a relative with a notice to appear in court to face the felony charge.
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Gov. Scott leads trade mission to Chile this week
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- Enhanced lightning detection on Sanibel Island