|Published:||Sep 17, 2012 5:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 17, 2012 5:54 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS-Fla.- Lee County investigators are trying to track down the suspects who burglarized the Awaken International Ministries by using fingerprints from the scene.
Pastor Erin Sain said, "I am really disappointed that someone would break into the church."
Lee County detectives said on September 14th suspects broke into the Awaken International Ministries by smashing the front window.
Sain said, "We had a building fund, with basically a five gallon bucket, and people put money in it over the last six month to raise money for our new building."
All that money, hundreds of dollars, is now gone. The congregation's youngest members raised most of the money.
The thieves also hit the church's offering box. The one hundred member congregation is sad.
Minister Reed Samples said, "It is desperate times for a lot of people. We are looking for the lost so he sent them in through the window to steal money from us to wake us up I think."
Sain said, "We prayed about it and asked God to rescue the people who did it."
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic