|Published:||Sep 17, 2012 5:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 17, 2012 5:54 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS-Fla.- Lee County investigators are trying to track down the suspects who burglarized the Awaken International Ministries by using fingerprints from the scene.
Pastor Erin Sain said, "I am really disappointed that someone would break into the church."
Lee County detectives said on September 14th suspects broke into the Awaken International Ministries by smashing the front window.
Sain said, "We had a building fund, with basically a five gallon bucket, and people put money in it over the last six month to raise money for our new building."
All that money, hundreds of dollars, is now gone. The congregation's youngest members raised most of the money.
The thieves also hit the church's offering box. The one hundred member congregation is sad.
Minister Reed Samples said, "It is desperate times for a lot of people. We are looking for the lost so he sent them in through the window to steal money from us to wake us up I think."
Sain said, "We prayed about it and asked God to rescue the people who did it."
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect