|Published:||Sep 17, 2012 3:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 17, 2012 3:24 PM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - The U.S. Coast Guard reports that crews are searching for a 21-year-old Tennessee woman who apparently fell off a cruise ship in the Atlantic Ocean, about 47 miles east of Fort Lauderdale.
The Coast Guard says the woman, whose name wasn't immediately released, was reported missing Sunday night from the Royal Caribbean vessel Allure of the Seas.
Officials say Coast Guard planes, helicopters and boats were searching an area Monday of about 320 square miles.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- Man accused in 2012 Three Oaks murder appears in court