|Published:||Sep 17, 2012 6:15 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 17, 2012 10:15 AM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla. - The Golisano Children's Museum of Naples (C'Mon) will be closed for the rest of the month, beginning Monday, Sept. 17, 2012. The shutdown is for scheduled maintenance and museum cleaning.
The museum says staff and volunteers will be completing a specific list of tasks and trainings compiled by the museum's Visitor Services and Exhibit Development departments during the closure.
In a statement from C'Mon, it says "Though the museum is cleaned on a daily basis by our staff, volunteers and maintenance team, there are large projects that need to be completed when the museum is closed for that extended period," explained Dave Imbrogno, Transition Director for the Museum. "We will be resurfacing the parking lot, reworking the front entrance and dusting the hundreds of thousands of leaves that make up the Banyan Tree canopy. These jobs require heavy equipment, and long drying and setting times. It's not work we could accomplish during just the overnight hours when the museum is closed."
The museum is scheduled to reopen Monday, October 1, 2012.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Gov. warns schools he will fight tuition hikes
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel