|Published:||Sep 16, 2012 10:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 16, 2012 10:52 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A Jacksonville woman has been charged with aggravated child abuse after police found her and three children unconscious inside an apartment.
A sheriff's office report says 30-year-old Liara McGlothan was involuntary committed under Florida's Baker Act statue and arrested Saturday. The three children - ages 3 to 10 - are with child welfare officials. Jail records show she is not eligible for bond. Her next court date is Oct. 9.
The Florida Times-Union reports the children told police McGlothan gave them pills "that tasted nasty" to so they "would sleep for a long time."
Police responded to the home after a Department of Children and Families worker visited the home, but no one answered. Sgt. Randy White told the Times-Union the children woke up once they were carried outside.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home