|Published:||Sep 14, 2012 10:47 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2012 10:47 AM EDT|
OLDSMAR, Fla. (AP) - Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan will attend a rally in the Tampa Bay area.
The event is on Saturday at an Oldsmar park.
It's the first visit to the area by the Wisconsin congressman since the Republican National Convention in Tampa the last week of August. GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney and President Obama are campaigning heavily in Florida, which is considered a swing state in the November election.
Obama has been to the state more than 20 times since announcing plans to run for re-election. Romney, who was in Jacksonville on Wednesday, has nearly matched that.
Romney's wife, Ann, led a rally for women in Largo on Wednesday.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- Settlement reached with Lifestyle Lift
- Candidates for Cape Coral Mayor duke it out in 1st debate
- Couple accused of kidnapping kids appears in court
- Police ID man who drove into Cape Coral canal
- Naples parents protest cell phone tower at elementary school
- Hertz new HQ building plans