|Published:||Sep 14, 2012 10:47 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2012 10:47 AM EDT|
OLDSMAR, Fla. (AP) - Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan will attend a rally in the Tampa Bay area.
The event is on Saturday at an Oldsmar park.
It's the first visit to the area by the Wisconsin congressman since the Republican National Convention in Tampa the last week of August. GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney and President Obama are campaigning heavily in Florida, which is considered a swing state in the November election.
Obama has been to the state more than 20 times since announcing plans to run for re-election. Romney, who was in Jacksonville on Wednesday, has nearly matched that.
Romney's wife, Ann, led a rally for women in Largo on Wednesday.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating