|Published:||Sep 14, 2012 10:41 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2012 10:41 AM EDT|
ST. PETE BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a man found floating in the water off St. Pete Beach has died.
Rescue crews pulled the man from the water after beachgoers called 911 around 5 p.m. Thursday. Witnesses told the Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/Ongytx ) they lost sight of the man as he went out to sea on a raft.
A firefighter paddled out to the area and found the man face down in the Gulf of Mexico.
Officials say the man was brought back to the beach where rescuers tried to revive him. He died a short time later at a hospital.
The man's name has not been released. No other details were immediately available.
Information from: Tampa Bay (Fla.)Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico