|Published:||Sep 14, 2012 10:41 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2012 10:41 AM EDT|
ST. PETE BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a man found floating in the water off St. Pete Beach has died.
Rescue crews pulled the man from the water after beachgoers called 911 around 5 p.m. Thursday. Witnesses told the Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/Ongytx ) they lost sight of the man as he went out to sea on a raft.
A firefighter paddled out to the area and found the man face down in the Gulf of Mexico.
Officials say the man was brought back to the beach where rescuers tried to revive him. He died a short time later at a hospital.
The man's name has not been released. No other details were immediately available.
Information from: Tampa Bay (Fla.)Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm