|Published:||Sep 14, 2012 10:25 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2012 10:25 AM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies arrested a Cape Coral man after he crashes stolen car, flees; K9 tracks and helicopter locates suspect on roof of home. Brandon Lee Dahl, 18, of 3705 Country Club Boulevard, was arrested.
CCSO received a call at 12:02 p.m. Thursday that a2000 BMWcrashed into a palm tree, concrete wall and an exterior air conditioning unit at 3537 Harbor Boulevard and witnesses saw the man flee. A check showed the car was stolen from Palm Beach County. CCSO K9 began a track and a spotter in the helicopter observed Dahl lying down on the roof of a home at 3567 Harbor Boulevard. Dahl complied with commands to get off the roof. He denied injuries but later said he felt ill and EMS was called. Dahl attempted to pull away and was taken to the ground. EMS arrived and transported him to Peace River Regional Medical Center where he was medically cleared and taken to the Charlotte County Jail.
A check on Dahl found his driver’s license was suspended. He was charged with Grand Theft Auto, Leaving the Scene of an Accident with Property Damage, Driving While License Suspended, and Resisting an Officer. He remains in jail on $4,500. Damages to the BMW were reported at $12,000.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo