|Published:||Sep 14, 2012 8:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2012 8:30 PM EDT|
Volunteers will hit the beaches Saturday morning as part of Coastal Cleanup Day.
The international grassroots effort is happening frmo 9am to noon Saturday at all area beaches to rid the coastline of litter, pollution and debris.
The annual cleanup is coordinated locally by Keep Lee County Beautiful, Inc. (KLCB).
Volunteers are asked to report to one of the listed sites at 9:00 am on Saturday, September 15, 2012.
CLEANUP SITE MEET AT SITE COORDINATOR
Bonita Beach Bonita Beach Main Park Ben Nelson
Bunch Beach Beach at end of John Morris Rd. Terry Cain
Causeway Islands Causeway Islands Visitor & Conv. Bureau
Fort Myers Beach FMB Elem. School parking lot FMB Comm. Fndn.
Matlacha Matlacha Community Park Karen Bickford
Sanibel Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation SCCF
Site coordinators are available at each site and can authorize service-learning (volunteer) hours for students and to help assist volunteers.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys