|Published:||Sep 14, 2012 3:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2012 3:29 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A Collier County family was awarded $700,000 in damages and $70,000 for medical bills after their father, Loren Dedrick, was dropped off at the wrong assisted living facility...and then wandered away in 2007.
Deputies pulled Dedrick out from under trees near a busy interesection in North Naples, after he walked away from the facility days earlier. Dedrick was treated for dehydration and was covered in ant bites.
TLC Non-Emergency Medical Transport is responsible for paying 90 percent of the settlement, and NCH Healthcare System must cover the remaining 10 percent.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- 911 call: Judge in Zimmerman trial hears dispute