|Published:||Sep 14, 2012 11:49 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2012 11:49 AM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's Narcotics Unit detectives arrested a Crack Cocaine dealer in an undercover drug buy Thursday south of Punta Gorda. Johnny Ramone Lloyd, 38, of 811 E. Helen Street, was arrested.
CCSO Narcotics detectives made phone contact to purchase the illegal narcotics and set up a location off I-75/Exit-161 near the intersection of Jones Loop Road and Knights Drive. At 2:15 p.m. Lloyd met with the undercover detective and money was exchanged for the Crack Cocaine. Once the deal was completed other Narcotics detectives and the Street Crimes Unit moved in and arrested Lloyd.
Detectives said Lloyd began pulling away from them and appeared to be grabbing for something from his pants pocket or waist band; he was taken down to the ground and refused to comply. Officers fearing Lloyd was attempting to get a weapon used a Taser to gain compliance and handcuffed him.
Lloyd was transported to the Charlotte County Jail on charges of Sale and Delivery of Cocaine, Possession of Cocaine, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and Resisting an Officer. This is Lloyd’s third booking. Anyone with knowledge of illegal drug activity is asked to please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Communications satellite launched into space
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center