|Published:||Sep 14, 2012 11:49 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 14, 2012 11:49 AM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff's Narcotics Unit detectives arrested a Crack Cocaine dealer in an undercover drug buy Thursday south of Punta Gorda. Johnny Ramone Lloyd, 38, of 811 E. Helen Street, was arrested.
CCSO Narcotics detectives made phone contact to purchase the illegal narcotics and set up a location off I-75/Exit-161 near the intersection of Jones Loop Road and Knights Drive. At 2:15 p.m. Lloyd met with the undercover detective and money was exchanged for the Crack Cocaine. Once the deal was completed other Narcotics detectives and the Street Crimes Unit moved in and arrested Lloyd.
Detectives said Lloyd began pulling away from them and appeared to be grabbing for something from his pants pocket or waist band; he was taken down to the ground and refused to comply. Officers fearing Lloyd was attempting to get a weapon used a Taser to gain compliance and handcuffed him.
Lloyd was transported to the Charlotte County Jail on charges of Sale and Delivery of Cocaine, Possession of Cocaine, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and Resisting an Officer. This is Lloyd’s third booking. Anyone with knowledge of illegal drug activity is asked to please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk