|Published:||Sep 13, 2012 11:49 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 15, 2012 11:11 AM EDT|
PUNTA RASSA, Fla. - People living at the Punta Rassa Condominiums love the picturesque views of Sanibel Island. But, living so close to the Gulf also brings the risk of flooding. Tropical Storm Isaac caused the water to block Punta Rassa Road - their only way out.
Now, Condo Manager Jim Walker is working on getting residents an alternate evacuation route. But, that will require the help of neighboring properties, the Sanibel Harbour Yacht Club and Sanibel Harbour Resort and Spa.
"Some people will get stranded, probably the fire department won't go through if there's an emergency, or any emergency vehicle, it's really common sense to allow this to happen," Walker said.
The Sanibel Harbour Yacht Club board president tells us, this issue has been placed on their october board meeting.
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Gov. Scott leads trade mission to Chile this week
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Enhanced lightning detection on Sanibel Island