|Published:||Sep 13, 2012 11:49 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 15, 2012 11:11 AM EDT|
PUNTA RASSA, Fla. - People living at the Punta Rassa Condominiums love the picturesque views of Sanibel Island. But, living so close to the Gulf also brings the risk of flooding. Tropical Storm Isaac caused the water to block Punta Rassa Road - their only way out.
Now, Condo Manager Jim Walker is working on getting residents an alternate evacuation route. But, that will require the help of neighboring properties, the Sanibel Harbour Yacht Club and Sanibel Harbour Resort and Spa.
"Some people will get stranded, probably the fire department won't go through if there's an emergency, or any emergency vehicle, it's really common sense to allow this to happen," Walker said.
The Sanibel Harbour Yacht Club board president tells us, this issue has been placed on their october board meeting.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Motorcycle crash blocks Nelson Rd. at Tropicana Pkwy.
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore