|Published:||Sep 13, 2012 3:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2012 3:05 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - U.S. Rep. Vern Buchanan won't be charged by the Department of Justice, which dropped its investigation over possible campaign finance law violations.
The announcement was made this week by Buchanan's office. The department was looking into whether Buchanan directed a former business partner at an auto dealership to reimburse employees for political contributions to his campaign.
The Sarasota Republican is seeking his fourth term in office. His campaign had maintained that Buchanan did nothing wrong.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- Storage unit swiper targets Cape Coral facility
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting
- Man allegedly shoots step-son in face for being a 'moocher'
- Car crashes into store on Golden Gate Pkwy.
- Immokalee Rd. reopens after 2 crashes, moments apart
- Teen bound up as crooks raid home