|Published:||Sep 13, 2012 3:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2012 3:05 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - U.S. Rep. Vern Buchanan won't be charged by the Department of Justice, which dropped its investigation over possible campaign finance law violations.
The announcement was made this week by Buchanan's office. The department was looking into whether Buchanan directed a former business partner at an auto dealership to reimburse employees for political contributions to his campaign.
The Sarasota Republican is seeking his fourth term in office. His campaign had maintained that Buchanan did nothing wrong.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft