|Published:||Sep 13, 2012 12:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2012 12:11 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a Florida Gulf Coast University student died after jumping from a third-floor balcony at an apartment complex.
Lee County Sheriff's deputies say witnesses told them 18-year-old Sean Cavanaugh took an unknown substance before jumping last week. Deputies say Cavanaugh's family decided to take him off life support on Sept. 4.
The Fort Myers News-Press (http://newspr.es/QIhBZ4 ) reports that deputies responded to an off-campus student housing complex in Estero after receiving a 911 call.
According to a sheriff's report, Cavanaugh threatened others in the apartment and stabbed one of them with a piece of broken glass bottle. He made comments about killing himself before going to the third floor and jumping from the balcony.
A university spokesman says grief counseling is being offered to students.
Information from: The News-Press, http://www.news-press.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo