|Published:||Sep 12, 2012 2:54 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2012 2:47 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- A registered sex offender was arrested on September 8 for allegedly looking at images of children at the North Fort Myers Library.
On September 8, at approximately 12:28 p.m., a call came in to the 911 operating system in reference to a suspicious person at the North Fort Myers Library. Deputies were dispatched to investigate the incident.
Deputies arrived on scene in reference to an adult white male about 60 years old looking at pictures of juveniles and small children on the library computers. The man was recognized as 55-year-old Donald Morrison, a known and documented sexual offender. Mr. Morrison was looking at pictures of young children on Facebook. The Library had children present during the same time that Morrison was present in the Library. Morrison had no children of his own.
A Deputy approached Morrison while he was seated at the computer and asked him to come outside. Outside, Morrison stated that he had been on Facebook and was looking up pictures of a friend's 9-month-old child in order to send pictures of the child to the woman. The woman could not access the computer and pictures, due to the fact that she is incarcerated.
A trespass warning was issued to Morrison and the report was submitted to Lee County detectives for further investigation.
Detectives discovered that Mr. Morrison was an offender and had signed a Sex Offenders/ Predator Notification on May 6th 2009, and July 19, 2011 acknowledging he read, or was read, the requirements and he understood his obligations according to County Ordinance 11-05.
By visiting the library facility, Mr. Morrison was in direct violation of the agreement.
Mr. Morrison was subsequently arrested for that violation and taken to the Lee County Jail.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire