|Published:||Sep 11, 2012 5:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 11, 2012 5:33 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - A St. Petersburg man has been sentenced to 40 years in prison for the death of a pregnant teenager.
As part of a plea agreement with Pinellas County prosecutors, 39-year-old Aurelio Martinez pleaded guilty this week to second-degree murder.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/QhG9WJ ) reports that Martinez admitted during an interview with St. Petersburg police that he grabbed the neck of 17-year-old Bria Metz after an argument in 2009. After discovering she wasn't breathing, he drove to Polk County and discarded her body.
Family members say Metz was about three months pregnant at the time of her death.
Information from: Tampa Bay (Fla.)Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis