|Published:||Sep 11, 2012 10:29 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 11, 2012 10:29 AM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Authorities have arrested a taxi driver who they say ripped off tourists at Disney hotels.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://bit.ly/UGJDVx ) reports two pairs of undercover Orange County Sheriff's detectives made reservations last week from two Disney resorts for a taxi to take them to SeaWorld. They were investigating reports from tourists who paid for round-trip fares but were stranded when the driver failed to show up for the return trip.
Officials say the driver told detectives he was from Mears - the only company authorized to pick up and drop off customers at Disney resorts. They later identified him as 53-year-old Nankishore Ramkisoon, who once worked for Mears but is now an independent driver.
He is charged with one count of committing communications fraud and two counts of scheming to defraud.
Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent