|Published:||Sep 11, 2012 10:24 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 11, 2012 4:59 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Manuel Rosales accepted a plea agreement to spend the rest of his life in prison for the brutal stabbing death of his 3-month-old grandson Josue Rosales and the attempted murder of his daughter Karminda Rosales Salazar.
In court, Rosales told the judge he was possessed by the devil and did not feel guilty.
Rosales is a native of Honduras, but will remain in Florida to serve his sentence.
Salazar survived the attack, but did not want to see her father ever again. Her wishes, played a role in the state's decision to extend the agreement and take the death penalty off the table.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo