|Published:||Sep 11, 2012 11:12 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 13, 2012 11:02 AM EDT|
ARCADIA, Fla.- Authorities have found the body of the victim who drowned in Morgan Park on Sunday. Her body was found at the boat ramp in Nocatee Tuesday morning.
The victim has been identified as 17-year-old Jerridedan Lakisha Bolds Froyer, known as "Kiki." She was a resident of Tampa.
The victim drowned after jumping from a bridge into the Peace River with her boyfriend, 28-year-old Mark Allan Huntley Jr. and another man, 28-year-old Andrew Skevington. A witness said the victim was hesitant to jump, stating she didn't know how to swim, but was being pressured by her boyfriend. The witness told deputies the boyfriend grew impatient and got on the ledge with the victim, pushing her into the river. It was while she was under water that the boyfriend jumped in.
According to the arrest report, both men jumped in to save her and could not. They later gathered up her possessions and left.
Punta Gorda divers and a Sarasota chopper joined the Desoto County Sheriff's Office to search for her body on Monday.
Skevington was located first, arrested and charged with manslaughter. Three of his friends told deputies he had been at their house on Sunday with an unknown male and female, who had said they were from Tampa. The friends gave officers a description of Huntley. Witnesses at the park gave the same description of the man who fled with Skevington.
Huntley was found hitchhiking in the area of Owens Ave. and Grapefruit Ave., trying to get back to Tampa. Detectives noticed that he matched the description that had been given. He was on probation on charges from Hillsborough County and will be charged with manslaughter and violation of probation.
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference