|Published:||Sep 11, 2012 3:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 11, 2012 3:03 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says one person died in an early-morning crash on Interstate 10 in Jacksonville.
The crash happened around 6:20 a.m. Tuesday near U.S. 301. The Florida Highway Patrol says a car driven by 54-year-old Thomas Anderson hit a slowing tractor-trailer on eastbound I-10.
The interstate's eastbound lanes were closed for a short time.
FHP says 36-year-old truck driver Ramon Alvarez was not injured. Anderson died at the scene.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners