|Published:||Sep 10, 2012 3:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 10, 2012 3:04 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- John King was arrested and charged with misusing the 911 system after calling for help multiple times, allegedly so that he could get a ride to see a friend who owed him money.
The 52-year-old Fort Myers Beach resident made the calls on Saturday and told deputies his friend owed him $20. Officers explained that they were not a taxi service, which only made King irate.
The suspect changed his story several times in an attempt to get the deputy to give him a ride. After King was warned, he called 911 again, "ranting and raving irrational thoughts," according to the arrest report.
King was then arrested and transported to Health Park in an ambulance, as he was insisting on seeing a doctor. He was cleared with no apparent health conditions. While being discharged from the hospital, King continued his disorderly conduct, relieving himself in the hallway out of spite.
King continued his outbursts all the way to the jail.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space