|Published:||Sep 10, 2012 5:34 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 10, 2012 12:42 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- The body found Sunday on Fort Myers Beach has been identified as 46-year-old Ronny Wilk of Lehigh Acres.
According to the LCSO report, Wilk's girlfriend told officers he was drinking heavily before going in the water and she lost track of him.
On Sunday at 5:48 p.m., the Lee County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call in reference to missing person that had gone swimming. As deputies were responding to obtain information on the missing person, an additional call was received in reference to a person being found unconscious and not breathing on the beach behind the Diamond Head Resort, located at 2000 Estero Boulevard in Fort Myers Beach.
Upon arrival, paramedics were in the process of performing first aide to a male who was unconscious and not breathing. The male was lying in the sand near the shore line. After a thorough effort by EMS, the male was pronounced deceased.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders