|Published:||Sep 10, 2012 11:19 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 10, 2012 11:19 AM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office reports a former Port Charlotte man was transported from a prison in Winona, Mississippi, to the Charlotte County Jail to face drug trafficking and other drug charges. The suspect, arrested on five outstanding warrants, was 34-year-old Jimmy Shanon Tyler.
OnMay 21, 2010, CCSO Narcotics Unit acting in an undercover capacity purchased45 Oxycodone and 0.3 grams of Crack Cocainefrom Tyler in the parking lot of the Port Charlotte Wal-Mart. Tyler was arrested in Mississippi and upon his release from the Winona prison, was returned to Charlotte County Friday to face Trafficking in Oxycodone, Sale or Delivery of Cocaine, Possession of Oxycodone, Possession of Cocaine, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
Tyler, a convicted felon, has 14 bookings in Charlotte County; he remains in the County Jail on $62,500 bond. Anyone with knowledge of illegal drug activity is asked to please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies