|Published:||Sep 10, 2012 10:41 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 10, 2012 10:41 AM EDT|
PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a trooper was involved in an early-morning shooting at a Pinellas Park cemetery.
The agency says a suspect was wounded during the shooting just before 6 a.m. Monday at Royal Palm Cemetery on Gandy Boulevard in Pinellas County.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/QxwCPr ) reports the suspect's injuries were not thought to be life-threatening. He was taken to Bayfront Medical Center. The trooper wasn't injured.
The newspaper reports the trooper was trying to apprehend the suspect during an investigation of property crimes.
Investigators and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement are investigating.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing