|Published:||Sep 10, 2012 10:41 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 10, 2012 10:41 AM EDT|
PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a trooper was involved in an early-morning shooting at a Pinellas Park cemetery.
The agency says a suspect was wounded during the shooting just before 6 a.m. Monday at Royal Palm Cemetery on Gandy Boulevard in Pinellas County.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/QxwCPr ) reports the suspect's injuries were not thought to be life-threatening. He was taken to Bayfront Medical Center. The trooper wasn't injured.
The newspaper reports the trooper was trying to apprehend the suspect during an investigation of property crimes.
Investigators and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement are investigating.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776