|Published:||Sep 10, 2012 10:41 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 10, 2012 10:41 AM EDT|
PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a trooper was involved in an early-morning shooting at a Pinellas Park cemetery.
The agency says a suspect was wounded during the shooting just before 6 a.m. Monday at Royal Palm Cemetery on Gandy Boulevard in Pinellas County.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/QxwCPr ) reports the suspect's injuries were not thought to be life-threatening. He was taken to Bayfront Medical Center. The trooper wasn't injured.
The newspaper reports the trooper was trying to apprehend the suspect during an investigation of property crimes.
Investigators and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement are investigating.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean