|Published:||Sep 10, 2012 11:01 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Sep 10, 2012 3:54 PM EDT|
DESOTO COUNTY, Fla.- One woman drowned after jumping from a bridge into the Peace River with a group of people Sunday afternoon. The incident happened at Morgan Park in Arcadia, off Highway 70.
Witnesses told deputies that the victim was hesitant to jump, but her companions pushed her in. Her body has not been found.
The woman's identity is unknown, but she is believed to be from Tampa.
The search for her body continues today with aid from Punta Gorda divers and a Sarasota chopper.
The victim's boyfriend has been identified as 28-year-old Mark Allan Huntley Jr. He is on probation on charges from Hillsborough County and will be charged with manslaughter and violation of probation. Authorities found him hitchhiking along Highway 70, trying to get back to Tampa.
The Desoto Sheriff's Office is questioning him now, though he reportedly is not cooperating.
Andrew Skevington, the third person involved, has been arrested and charged with manslaughter. The 28-year-old suspect was with the woman when she and Huntley jumped from the bridge.
According to the arrest report, after the victim was pushed in and started struggling, both men jumped in to save her and could not. They later gathered up her possessions and left.
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- BREAKING: Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Sailors take to the harbor for regatta
- Collier County Deputies Search For Missing Woman
- FSU accuser's attorney to hold news conference
- Bears take a swim in a Collier County pool