"Create art in 24 hours" was the challenge students at Florida Gulf Coast University took on.
They made a mad dash to write plays, compose music, and edit films in hopes of winning a $500 scholarship.
"The art-on-the-fly competition has become a tradition eagerly anticipated by students who enjoy the adrenaline rush and the chance to push themselves artistically," festival founder Barry Cavin said.
The festival named winners in 4 categries:
Best live performance- Colleen Coppola and Rachel Rosen
Best musical performance: Michael Leiva, Leah Conover, and Michael Keough
Best visual art: Tanya Mack
Best film: Jake Scott-hodes, Jared Benner, Michael Bridges, Jakie DeGraff, Dana lynn Frantz, Armando Rivera, Sarah Blinkhorn, and Steven Goldberg-Pannone.
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier
- Naples tops 'Healthy Living' poll
- Fl construction adds jobs
- Rev up your lawnmowers for grasscar racing