ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - The mother of a 9-year-old boy killed in a collision with a Walt Disney World bus has settled her lawsuit against the company.
Chase Brubaker was riding his bicycle when he was hit and killed by the bus in April 2010 at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort. Florida Highway Patrol investigators determined that the bus driver was not at fault. No charges were filed.
Investigators said Chase was "solely responsible" for the accident. They also said his bicycle had a flat rear tire and an underinflated front tire that could have contributed to the crash.
Chase's mother filed an auto-negligence lawsuit against Disney and the bus driver in October 2010.
A Disney spokeswoman tells the Orlando Sentinel that the lawsuit was settled last month. Terms were not disclosed.
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers
- Group protests taxes in Cape Coral by a 'Call to Arms'
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- Jungle Golf fundraiser putts for patriots
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- Miss. probationer caught in central Florida
- Long-term care Medicaid patients start enrolling
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- Deputies: Bartender, 3 patrons sliced by angry man
- Fla. woman charged with Haitian visa fraud